Golf-Welcome to Sacramento
Transportation From Hotel
AFSFA has limited transportation available from the hotel. If you require transportation make sure you let us know. We have a multipassenger van available. If there are a lot of golfers we will coordinate car pooling. We had planned on leaving the hotel at 0700 but have found that local traffic on a Friday is a hit or miss. Therefore golfers will be leaving the hotel at 0630.
SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
• There will be a hole-in-one contest on each of the par 3's. No mulligans may be used to win a hole-in-one prizes. Prizes are as follows:
• Hole# 1 will host the longest marshmallow drive contest. You can purchase entry into this contest beforehand as part of your TBAC tournament package or at the hole. Use whatever club you'd like, and longest marshmallow wins the prize.
• Hole#3 will be closest to the pin hole. No mulligans can be used to win the closest to the pin award. There will be a marker, a tape measure and a pen at the hole just off of the green. Put your name and the distance from the hole on the marker if your ball is the closest. There will be a separate marker for men and women.
• On hole #14 green you will be met by members of the Travis Bay Area Chapter. One player from each team will roll a dice in the box ...
If you roll a 1 or a 2, the team must putt with the baseball bat.
If you roll a 3 or a 4, the team must putt with the hockey stick.
If you roll a 5 or 6, the team must putt with the shovel.
NOTE: Each and every putt on the green must be played with the above tool on hole #14.
• On hole #6, prior to teeing off, each team member must select a club to use throughout the entire hole. Whichever club you choose must be used for each and every shot on that hole. For example if a player chooses a 7 iron, the player drives with his or her 7 iron and plays all other shots on that hole with the 7 iron, including putting out on the green.
• Hole# 10 is the longest drive hole for the men. Hole #5 is the longest drive hole for the women. The drive MUST be in the fairway to count. No mulligans can be used to win the long drive. There will be a marker in the fairway. If your drive lands beyond the marker, move the marker to the location of your drive and put your name on the marker.
STANDARD RULES FOR THIS TOURNAMENT
Format is a four-person scramble. All four team members tee off on each hole and as a team decides which tee shot they like best and marks that spot. The team then all plays their next shot from the selected spot. Continue in the same fashion until the ball is holed.
From selected shots, each player can place the ball within one club length, no closer to the hole. If the selected ball is in the rough or sand, each player must play from the rough or sand.
Men are to tee off from the White tees. Women and men over the age of 70 are to tee off from the Red tees.
The team must select three drives of each player on the team during the round. It does not matter what the par is for the three drives.
If a team has only three players, one player will play two shots, to take the place of the missing player. The three players must take turns hitting for the missing player, so over 18 holes, each of the three players must play for two players on a total of six holes.
Mark the selected ball on the putting green. Each player is to attempt the putt from the same spot. The first ball to go in is counted for the team score. If no player makes the putt, mark the best remaining putt and all team members are to putt from there. Continue until holed.
Double bogey is the maximum team score on any hole. Teams that reach a score of double bogey (two over par) on a hole are to pick-up and move on to the next tee.
Once you have played your 18th hole, please return immediately to the clubhouse. Please DO NOT continue playing extra holes. Turn in your card when you arrive. Once all cards have been turned in, we will randomly pick a number between the lowest score and 100. The team with the score closest to the number drawn will be the blind bogey winner. Prizes will be awarded for low team score and blind bogey score. This gives each team an equal chance to win a prize. If there is a tie, there will be another random draw for front nine and back nine score if needed.
Rule number nine is to please have a great time on the course.